Monday, March 30, 2015

Mural at Blueboy Herb Shop & Healing Center


   




 Mural of a flowering magnolia tree at Blueboy Healing Center

  Located in Carriere, Mississippi (an hour outside New Orleans)

I have had the wonderful opportunity to work with the very knowledgeable herbalist of the south, Darrell Martin. He is a master herbalist and founder of Blueboy Herbs. (Blueboyherbs.com) I feel very grateful to learn about herbal medicine from him. This is a small mural I did of a flowering magnolia tree on one of the shop walls. I will be continuing to paint more murals of native medicinal plants in the front
room of the Blueboy shop.

Recently, we held an herb fest here in which many people attended. Many herbalists and healers gathered to share knowledge with each other and guests. It was a wonderful experience and many people got to see my mural.

I have greatly enjoyed this making this piece, and want to continue painting murals, especially nature related ones.

I am still making my original abstract art of course, and there's more of that to come. I have recently been focusing more on abstraction using mandalas. Pictures will be posted soon.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment